Monday, March 3, 2008

it's not just a one-two-three step



Writing is a process - something that follows steps, procedures.

Writing is ideas expressed in words put together in order to become sentences that would later become paragraphs.

Writing is just another technical how-to that could easily be taught to anybody who is patient enough to follow its a, b, c's.

Oh, writing is just a process similar to tying one's shoelace or setting a computer.

If only these things were true about writing then I wouldn't have to worry about what to write for my blog entries. I wouldn't have to worry how to teach my Korean students how to write using the English language. I wouldn't have to worry writing about things that I really don't want to write about.

If writing is merely a process then escaping from my self would be as easy as 123. If only such things were true about writing, then half of the people I know, those who have used writing as a sort of medicine they need to maintain, would be sane.

Oh, if writing is just another process then I wouldn't have a hard time ending this entry.

No comments: